Tuesday, 19 June 2007
Music Making Money
My New EP Being Recorded NOW!!!!
Hi There Again Everyone,
Well as we should all know by now, I was given the golden boot, professional 'heave-ho' from my previous employer for no good apparent reason, just siting the 'we can't afford to retain your position' line, so after I had a major cardiac infarction & wondered how I was going to make ends meet.....I decided to do what I do best......music.
I spoke with my lovely girlfriend and we decided that this was the best time for me to take a bit of a breather and finish writing & recording my EP. It's only been sitting in my head for about 5 years....lmao!
I started in the studio about two weeks ago now and it was heaps of fun to get back into that type of feel for the music. I forgot how much fun and how relieving it was to be creative. Musically creative. The best part I suppose, is that not only am I recording in a live room (that means that the room is miked up with 5 or 6 different types of mikes and I just sit on a chair, play my guitar and sing and it all records through those different microphones all at once while the guy on the other side of the glass weaves his magic) but it's all done in one take as well to give that real/live/almost raw effect. That's how I think I'd like to publish it actually.
I personally think that there are far too many 'produced' sounds and artists out there in 'music-land' and there are still a lot of people who just like to listen to the good old fashioned music that's played/performed by an actual artist and real instruments. I'm one of them, so I make that kind of music.
Another reason I'm finding that I'm loving doing this again is, as I'm writing new songs and as I'm recording them, my music takes turns & twists that I've never heard before which is surprising me and opening up my mind to different possibilities & creative ideas & making it uniquely mine. It feels like home if that makes any sense to you??
Hopefully it'll all finish up sounding great. I'm sure it will, my producer/engineer is a pretty tops fella!...lol....thanks Mike.
Anyway, keep a look out on my Blog every few days for updates and when I'm ready, I'll post some of the music for you to comment on.
I'd love your feedback!!!
In the mean-time, have a brows through some of the links on here as they all support great things & show you how I have been able to afford to finally do what I love without having to worry about having another 'Day Job'. My last Boss certainly cured me of that!
Play, Write & Record YOUR music without being a Slave To The Grind!!! Click Here
Talk to you in a few days
K.
Labels:
Artist,
Employment,
Entertainment,
Job,
Music,
Recording,
Stdio,
Work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment